II. Information We May Collect From You
(i) Data You Provide to the Service
We may collect the following information from our registered (signed up) users (“Registered Users”) that may, in certain circumstances, constitute personal data:
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- Shopping preferences;
- Date of birth;
- Country of origin;
- Gender; and
- Paypal account email address.
If you use a third party service, such as Facebook Connect, for signing into the Service, we may collect personal data, such as your user ID, name, and e-mail address, that are available in accordance with the terms of service and the privacy settings of the third-party service you use for signing into the Service. You may control the types of personal data available in the public profile of such third party services by adjusting the privacy settings available therein. Moreover, if you contact us, a record of this correspondence may be kept.
(ii) Data Collected Automatically
- The logging technology used in the Service automatically collects the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Service. We also collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you use to access the Service, information about the operating system of your device, as well as the name of your Internet service provider.
- Google Analytics is an element of the Service. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Service. By using a browser plugin provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
Moreover, details of transactions you carry out through the Service, the fulfillment of your orders, details of your visits to the Site and the App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data may also be collected.
III. How We Disclose Data
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the personal data relating to our Registered Users to third parties unless otherwise stated below. Text messaging originator opt-in data and consent will not be shared with any third parties
The personal data collected in the Service may be disclosed in the following manner:
- a) Personal data you provide to the Service:
We may disclose personal data you provide to the Service with the following categories of third parties:
To service providers, such as payment processors and data storage service providers, which enable us to provide the Service to you;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
- b) Data collected automatically:
The data collected automatically in the Service may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as data analysis and advertising technology companies;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
Moreover, we may disclose information to third parties in an aggregate format that does not constitute personal data and does not allow the identification of individual Registered Users.
IV. Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to know what data we hold about you: If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com. We seek to swiftly respond to your inquiry. We may charge a small processing fee if less than twelve (12) months has passed since your last inquiry relating to personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary personal data corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to correct, delete, or update the personal data you have provided to the Service is to log in to the Service and enter the necessary changes in the account settings of the Service. If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us: All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning personal data about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
All information you provide to us is stored on our or our hosting providers' secure servers. Please note that the Service is hosted in cloud servers in the US, in European Union or in another location. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data about you, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
VI. Children’s Privacy
This Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal data without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal data, we will delete such information from our files.
Mobile Terms of Service
The Bargain Lane
Last updated: June 13, 2023
The Bargain Lane mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by The Bargain Lane (“The Bargain Lane”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to The Bargain Lane’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of The Bargain Lane through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with The Bargain Lane. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18775224034 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other The Bargain Lane mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18775224034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Questions or Concerns?